1. We must persevere until the goal is reached.
2. Great work requires great and persistent effort for a long time. Neither need we trouble ourselves if a few fail. It is in the nature of things that many should fail, that troubles should come, that tremendous difficulties should arise, that selfishness and all the other devils in the human heart should struggle hard when they are about to be driven out by the fire of spirituality.
· The road to the good is the roughest and steepest in the universe. It is a wonder that so many succeeded no wonder that so many fall. Character has to be established through a thousand stumbles.
3. Do not be anxious, do not be in a hurry. Slow, persistent and silent work does everything.
4. Patience is the best means of success.
5. There is no such thing as failure in the universe.
6. All great undertakings are achieved through mighty obstacles.
7. Seek for the highest, aim at that highest and you shall reach the highest.
8. No power in the universe can withhold from any one anything he really deserves.
9. Take one thing up and do it, and see the end of it, and before you have seen the end, do not give it up.
10. Great enterprise, boundless courage, tremendous energy, and above all, perfect obedience-----------these are the only traits that lead to individual and national regeneration.
11. Faith, faith, faith in ourselves, faith in God----------------this is the secret of greatness.
12. Take up an idea, devote yourself to it, struggle on in patience, and the sun will rise for you.
13. No great work can be achieved by humbug. It is through Love, a passion for Truth, and tremendous energy, that all undertakings are accomplished.
14. Only be sincere; and if you are sincere, you are sure to be brought to the goal.
15. Never lose faith in yourself, you can do anything in this universe. Never weaken, all power is yours.
16. Never say, ‘no’, never say, ‘I cannot’, for you are infinite. Even time and space are as nothing compared with your nature. You can do anything and everything, you are almighty.
17. The history of the world is the history of a few men who had faith in themselves. That faith calls out the divinity within.
You can do anything.
18. Have faith in yourselves, great convictions are the mothers of great deeds. Onward for ever!
19. No great things were ever done without great labour.
20. Do one thing at a time and while doing it put your whole soul into it to the exclusion of all else.
21. Take your stand on good purpose, right means, righteous courage, and be brave.
22. None of us can get anything other than what we fix our hearts upon.
23. Be not discouraged. One word of truth can never be lost; for ages it may be hidden under rubbish, but it will show itself sooner or latter.
24. Nothing is gained except by sacrifice.
25. Whatever you think, that you will be.
26. Great things can be done by great sacrifices only.
27. Every great achievement is done slowly.
28. To succeed, you must have tremendous perseverance, tremendous will. “I will drink the ocean”, says the persevering soul; “at my will mountains will crumble up”. Have that sort of energy, that sort of will; work hard, and you will reach the goal.
29. Continue to exercise your will and it will take you to higher still.
30. The perfectly unselfish man is the most successful.
31. No impatient one can ever succeed.
32. Be perfectly unselfish, and you will sure to succeed.
33. The degree of unselfishness marks the degree of success everywhere.
34. Infinite faith and strength are the only conditions of success.
35. It is the “desireless” who bring great results to pass.
36. Kill self first if you want to succeed.
37. Purity, patience, and perseverance are the three essentials to success. And, above all, love.
38. The Secret of Success
Infinite patience, infinite purity, and infinite perseverance are the secret of success in a good cause.
39. If you have infinite patience and perseverance, success is bound to come.
40. Arise, awake and stop not till the goal is reached.
41. Know it for certain that without steady devotion for the Guru, and unflinching patience and perseverance, nothing is to be achieved.
42. Never lose faith in yourself, you can do anything in this universe. Never weaken, all power is yours.
43. The great thing is to have faith in oneself, even before faith in God; but the difficulty seems to be that we are losing faith in ourselves day by day.
44. Stick to truth and we shall succeed, may be slowly, but surely.
45. True progress is slow but sure.
46. We must have faith in ourselves; we must become world-movers, for everything is in us.
47. Hold on with faith and strength; be true, be honest, be pure…
48. Are great things ever done smoothly? Time, patience, and indomitable will must show. I could have told you many things that would have made your heart leap, but I will not. I want iron wills and hearts that do not know how to quake. Hold on. The Lord bless you.
49. Say “Everything is in me, and I can manifest it at will”.
50. Obedience, readiness, and love for the cause-----------if you have these three, nothing can hold you back.
52. “Arise, awake and stop not till the desired end is reached”.
53. The purer the body and mind, the quicker the desired result will be obtained.
54. You have now to make the character of Mahavira your ideal. See how at the command of Ramachandra he crossed the ocean. He had no care for life or death. He was a perfect master of his senses and wonderfully sagacious. You have now to build your life on this great ideal of personal service. Through that, all the other ideals will gradually manifest in life. Obedience to the Guru without questioning, and strict observance of Brahmacharya--------this is the secret of success. As on the one hand Hanuman represents the ideal of service, so on the other, he represents leonine courage striking the whole world with awe.
55. Never think there is anything impossible for the soul. It is the greatest heresy to think so. If there is any sin, this is the only sin----------------------to say that you are weak, or others are weak.
56. Never say, ‘no’, never say, ‘I cannot’, for you are infinite. Even time and space are as nothing compared with your nature. You can do anything and everything, you are almighty.
57. Through truth everything is attained.
58. Whatever you believe, that you will be.
59. What we think we become.
60. We cannot dream ourselves into what we could be.
61. Take the whole responsibility on your own shoulders, and know that you are the creator of your own destiny.
62. Numbers do not count, nor does wealth or poverty; a handful of men can throw the world off its hinges, provided they are united in thought, word, and deed-----------never forget this conviction. The more opposition there is, the better. Does a river acquire velocity unless there is resistance? The newer and better a thing is the more opposition it will meet with the onset. It is opposition which foretells success.
63. First form character, first earn spirituality and results will come of themselves.
64. Infinite power will come unto you------------------never fear. Be pure, have faith; be obedient.
65. Let us be brave. KNOW THE TRUTH AND PRACTISE THE TRUTH. THE GOAL MAY BE DISTINCT, BUT AWAKE, ARISE, AND STOP NOT TILL THE GOAL IS REACHED.
66. What can we not do?
67. Slow but sure.
68. Have infinite patience, and success is yours.
69. Feel that you are great and you become great.
70. We want infinite energy, infinite zeal, infinite courage, and infinite patience, then only will great things be achieved.
71. You must hold fast and be steady in the search for truth.
72. Every man should take up his own ideal and endeavour to accomplish it. That is a surer way of progress than taking up other man’s ideals which he can never hope to accomplish.
73. We can do everything.
74. Perfect sincerity, holiness, gigantic intellect, and an all conquering will.
75. Never mind failures; they are quite natural, they are the beauty of life---------these failures. What would life be without them? It would not be worth having if it were not for struggles. Where would be the poetry of life? Never mind the struggles, the mistakes. I never heard a cow tell a lie, but it is only a cow---------never a man. So never mind these failures, these little backslidings; hold the ideal a thousand times; and if you fail a thousand times, make the attempt once more.
76. So long as you are pure, and true to your principles, you will never fail, and blessings will be yours.
77. Don’t look back---------forward, infinite energy, infinite enthusiasm, infinite daring, and infinite patience----------then alone can great deeds be accomplished.
78. Know that the mind which is born to succeed joins itself to a determined will and perseveres.
79. So long as you are pure, and true to your principles, you will never fail-------------Mother will never leave you, and all blessings will be yours.
80. Go on bravely. Do not expect success in a day or a year. Always hold on to the highest. Be steady. Avoid jealousy and selfishness. Be obedient and eternally faithful to the cause of truth, humanity, and your country and you will move the world.
81. Give up and know that success will follow, even if you never see it. Jesus left twelve fishermen and yet those few blew up the
82. Obedience, readiness, and love for the cause-----------if you have these three, nothing can hold you back.
83. One’s destiny is in one’s own hands----------------the Guru only makes this much understood.
84. You, poor men of
85. Stand up, be bold, be strong. Take the whole responsibility on your own shoulders, and know that you are the creator of your own destiny. All the strength and succor you want is within yourselves. Therefore make your own future.
86. First there should be strict integrity……………....Secondly, entire devotion to the cause.
87. Hold on with faith and strength; be true, be honest, be pure, and don’t quarrel among yourselves. Jealousy is the bane of our race.
88. Patience, purity, and perseverance will prevail.
89. So long as you have faith and honesty and devotion, everything will prosper.
90. Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.
91. Wait and grow, and you attain everything.
92. First form character, first earn spirituality and results will come of themselves.
93. There must not be the slightest divergence between one’s words and actions.
94. You must have an iron will if you would cross the ocean. You must be strong enough to pierce mountains.
95. Doing good is not always smooth!
96. The real progress must be slow.
97. We are the makers of our own fate.
98. The man who wins is the man who thinks he can.........
99. If the mind is intensely eager, everything can be accomplished—mountains can be crumbled into atoms.
101. No great work can be achieved by humbug. It is through Love, a passion for Truth, and tremendous energy, that all undertakings are accomplished.
102. If you have infinite patience and perseverance, success is bound to come.
103. Perfect sincerity, holiness, gigantic intellect, and an all conquering will.
104. Are great things ever done smoothly? Time, patience, and indomitable will must show. I could have told you many things that would have made your heart leap, but I will not. I want iron wills and hearts that do not know how to quake. Hold on. The Lord bless you.
105. Each work has to pass through these stages----------------ridicule, opposition, and then acceptance. Each man who thinks ahead of his time is sure to be misunderstood. So opposition and persecution are welcome, only you have to be steady and pure and must have immense faith in God, and all these will vanish.
106. No great work has been done in the world without sacrifice.
107. Put your heart, mind, intellect and soul even to your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.
108. It is the heart that reaches the Goal.